Gymnastics South Australia
COUNTRY ATHLETE AWARD SCHEME
Country Athlete Award funding from the SA Sports Institute is now available for athletes aged 13-18 years who are performing at a high (state/national) level in Olympic, Paralympic and Commonwealth Games Sports and live permanently in a regional area, 130kms or more from the Adelaide GPO.
What are the benefits of the CAAS?
- Approximately $800 to assist with travel costs to training and competition
What are the application criteria?
- An Australian Citizen
- Applicants must permanently reside 130km or more from the Adelaide GPO (applicants who board in Adelaide are ineligible)
- Kangaroo Island residents are eligible to apply
- Competing in a Commonwealth, Olympic or Paralympic sport and event
- Applicants must be aged 13 - 18 years as of 31 December 2011
- Registered as a competitor with the relevant State Sporting Organisation (SSO) that is affiliated with an Australian Sports Commission recognised National Sporting Organisation. Please note that your SSO must be recognised as the peak state body.
- Athletes must have a long-term commitment to their sport and demonstrate ability to eventually compete at the elite level
- The athletes State Sporting Associations' sponsorship arrangements must not conflict with the philosophies of SA Government's health promotion messages (eg. no tobacco sponsorship)
- Note: the application process can take some time. Applicants should understand that lodging an application does not guarantee them funding. Additionally, there is no guarantee that funding will be provided prior to travel, so applicants should be prepared to use their own resources to travel to events.
How do you apply for a CAAS?
- Complete all the details on the Application Form
Forward Application form to:
SASI Program Coordinator
PO Box 219, Brooklyn Park SA 5032
or Fax to 08 7424 7755
or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Applications are now open. Applications must be received by SASI before 5pm on 2 March 2012.
What is the process for assessing scholarship applications?
- Award applications will be assessed by the SASI Scholarship Review Committee
- The committee will take into consideration the performance achievements, and the international, national and state rankings provided by the SSO or NSO
- A letter will advise scholarship applicants of the outcome of their application